This privacy notice explains the types of data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle data, and keep it safe.
Yes, there’s a lot of information – but we want you to be fully informed about your rights.
Who we are?
We are an online retailer and customer privacy is vitally important to us. We never sell any information about our customers to third parties. In relation to this notice ‘we’ and ‘us’ means Ormston Saint as a company and brand.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website to make an online purchase – either by using your online account or using guest check out.
- When you purchase a product by phone
- When you purchase from overseas – we’ll collect information such as your name, address and a contact number
- When you contact us by any means with enquiries etc
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you
What sort of data do we collect?
- When you make a purchase: your name, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number.
- Details of your past order history.
- Payment card information
- Your comments and product reviews
How and why do we use your personal data?
We use your data in order to process and complete purchase transactions with us. If you choose not to share your basic personal data with us, we might not be able to complete your purchase transaction or provide the service you have asked for. This information may also be needed to comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
We use your data to set up courier deliveries. Sometimes, we’ll need to share your name, address and contact details with a third party who is providing this service. Without sharing your personal data, we’d be unable to fulfil your request.
How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to our customers. With this in mind, we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
Through use of technology, we secure access to all transactional areas of the website.
Our website is monitored for possible vulnerabilities.
How long will we keep your personal data?
When you place an order, we’ll keep the personal data you give us for ten years – so that we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
Where your personal data may be processed
Sometimes we will need to share your personal data with third parties outside of the UK. If you are based outside of the UK and place an order with us – we may need to pass on your personal data to third party courier companies to enable your order to be completed.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
- The deletion of data we hold about you
- That we stop processing your data; for example, when you cancel an order before it has been dispatched
Contacting the Regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you are based outside of the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you: